Sunday, November 14, 2010

What This Blog Contains

Ever since my trip to France in the summer of 2010 to take my daughter to see her aunt and uncle as part of her Bat Mitzvah gift from my parents, he grandparents, I've begun to perceive my environment differently. I blogged during that trip and have 31 posts for 15 days of travel. Obviously I had a lot to say, and a lot happened in 15 days, both before the trip, during, and after the trip. So, the initial blog I started was the foundation of more topics and sights I've experienced that I ever expected.

Beginning to blog has made a difference in me as well. This is a forum for me to put my thoughts down in a somewhat orderly fashion where others can read them. It is not a diary - I keep that at work and call it a Journal. Rather, this is a place that if you like to read about what I have experienced or learned, then I consider it more of a source of information. Of course, since its my perspective, there is probably a slant to the writing, though I do attempt to remain objective. To that end, if someone wants to comment, please by all means do. My brothers have had comments, both constructive and destructive, and I try to understand all perspectives and wishes of those individuals, ideas, topics, and experiences. So if there is something that moves you, let me know - it's an opportunity to share a thought.

Finally, this particular blog is really focused on my travels. Throughout my life thus far, I have traveled to California, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D. C., West Virginia, Kentucky, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado in the US, as well as international destinations like Ontario, Canada, The United Kingdom (England), France, and Monaco. Yet my memory fades from time to time, so this is a place I will put my memories for safe keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment